Our Moving Guide
Some home buyers choose to do the move themselves. If you want to save time and money by taking on this project yourself, be sure that you have ample packing supplies.
Moving day has finally arrived! As excited as you may be about your new home, moving can make everything seem uncertain. It’s important to take a deep breath and try not to be stressed. Below is a list of important things you should remember on moving day:
- Designate specific items that you need, that should not be packed with the rest of your belongings.
- If you have children, make sure that they have at least two special items to take with them for the trip.
- Make sure you remove all trash from your current residence.
- If you are using a moving company or friends and family, specify certain unloading areas.
- Make sure there are ample walkways for moving large pieces as well as boxes of your belongings.
- If you are using a moving company, reiterate those specific items that need special attention and handled-with-care.
- Remember to meet the needs of those helping in your move by supplying them with food, beverages and restroom facilities.
- Lastly, if you are using a moving company, please remember to read and sign all paperwork, documenting anything that transpired during the moving process.