Main Line Park Information
The Main Line Philadelphia area is full of wonderful parks and recreation facilities. There are hundreds of public and private parks and gardens located throughout the area. Learn more here.
- Valley Forge National Park - Five mile hiking and biking paths wind through meadows and woods at this historical landmark. Featuring some of America's most important historical attractions located on 3,600-acres, this is the site of the famed 1777-78 winter encampment of General George Washington and his Continental Army.
- American College Arboretum - 45 acre collection of beautiful shrubs and specimen trees.
- Appleford - A 22 acre, 18th century estate, including an arboretum, bird sanctuary and wonderful English gardens. The gardens are always open and the mansion may be rented for special events.
- Chanticleer - 30 acres of orchards, flowers, woodlands, and vegetable gardens offer a spectacular array of beauty.
- Harriton Plantation House - This 16 acre park is located on the grounds of a 1704 house which once belonged to Charles Thomson, Secretary to the Continental and Confederation Congress.
- Jenkins Arboretum - 46 acres of pristine woods and planted shrubs including thousands of rhododendrons and azaleas. Weeping Willow tress shade the pond that is home to goldfish and other critters. A must see during the bloom of the azaleas.
- The Willows - This 47 acre park is owned by the Township of Radnor and was once occupied by John Sinnott. A large 1910 mansion sits atop of the hill overlooking the ponds where the wildlife meander among the picnickers. The cherry trees and daffodils offer their own show in spring as they bloom to welcome the warmer weather to the area. The mansion is rented out by the township for parties, weddings, art shows and corporate meetings.
- Skunk Hollow - This park offers a bridle path, fabulous fishing and a nature trail. The Darby Creek is stocked with Trout in early spring to the fisherman's delight.
- Saw Mill Park - Another little spot to fish and relax. Picnic tables are provided for those who want to enjoy the scenery.
- Harford Park - 31 acres off Gulph Road between County Line and King of Prussia Road. Nature trail, hiking and an 18 station fitness trail.
- Ithan Valley Park - 10 acres on South Ithan Road. Includes a nature trail and fishing.
- Fenimore Woods - 11 acres at Eagle and Paul Roads. This wonderful spot of nature includes a beautiful pond full of fish, ducks and turtles. Picnic tables are provided with grills and a nature area. Fenimore also offer a 125 seat pavilion within the park grounds.
- Walnut Lane Park - 39 acres of wooded ravine with a small stream that meanders through the hills. Great for a quiet, leisurely walk.
- Mill Park - This knoll offers an ideal spot to watch the birds and provides a great view of Valley Forge Mountain.